Product Table of Contents
- Fit Guide
As a busy public safety fire department pilot, I never had enough storage or organization in my busy 182 cockpits. So I went looking for a solution. At the bottom of this description, you can see the Cockpit Organizer in my busy fire department Cessna 182, Fire Demon 1.
What I found was a previously designed organizer from the paper chart days that seemed dated but could work for me. But the story of the original Cessna Cockpit Companion had a tragic ending. Click here to read what happened. It was no longer available.
So with the blessing of Jack Wright, the original designer of the organizer, I had a new unit redesigned, engineered, and updated to handle modern cockpit electronics needs.
Gone were compartments for paper maps and approach plates and they were replaced with a focus more on cables, tablets, and cellphones. Oh yes, and a place to put my water bottle.
- Since it is not mounted permanently it can be easily moved between aircraft.
- Clear sides and partitions help you to not lose items in the Organizer.
- Built for the modern electronic pilot supplies.
- The bottom of the organizer is open to fit over a fire extinguisher mounted to the floor.
- Made of clear acrylic. You can find the list of material benefits at the bottom of this page.
The Cockpit Organizer provides easy access to:
This shows a modified Cessna Cockpit Organizer and how you can just lift it up to toss it out of the way in an emergency.
This shows the optional extra drink holder I attached to the back of the Cockpit Organizer to hold another drink bottle.
You can see the fire extinguisher fits underneath the Cockpit Organizer and the optional fold-up bottle holder is on the back.
The Cockpit Organizer is constructed out of clear acrylic. This gives you the following advantages:
- High level of impact resistance (17 times the impact resistance of glass).
- Very durable.
- Easy to maintain.
- Acrylic does not yellow over time.
- It is transparent, which allows a pilot to find items in the Cockpit Organizer quickly.
- The Cockpit Organizer could be polished at any time to maximize clarity.
- The ability to polish allows all sharp edges to be softened in manufacturing to take the sharpness off.
- Non-conductive material.
- Not hurt by UV light and will not yellow.
- The Cockpit Organizer can be cleaned with the same products you use to clean aircraft windows. You can also use mild soap and water. Do not use anything that contains ammonia.
- If you ever scratched the Cockpit Organizer, they can usually be buffed out using a product like Novus #2 or #3.
- For the size and stability, it is lightweight.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- In the unlikely event that acrylic plastic does break, it is designed to fracture into dull-edged pieces instead of sharp, dangerous shards.
- Temperature resistant.
The Cockpit Organizer 182 model will fit 182 Skylane, 205 Skywagon, 206 Stationair, 210 Centurions, and others with this available space. 18″ long 12″ tall 4.25″ wide.
|See if it fits in your airplane. Get the guide – Will the Cockpit Organizer Fit in My Aircraft?.|
Purchase With Confidence
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments