You can create a safe and efficient cockpit with the “Cockpit Organizer,” formally known as the “Cockpit Companion.” It is a convenient organizer for the loose items that pilots can’t easily find or always seem to drop in the cockpit.
It easily slides in between the front seats and features incredible utility while in flight. Attractive and durable, like the original Cessna Cockpit Companion the modern Cockpit Organizer is built from top-grade acrylic. (Note: Organizer does not include example items in product pictures.)
If you have 3 inches between your seats you might want to look at this other model (CO-172). See the detailed fit guide at the bottom.
The CO-182 model is reported to fit in the 182A-182S models. I have a 182P and it fits perfectly. It is the years after production began again in 1996 with the 182T that the distance between the seats was smaller for a few years.
Product Table of Contents
- Fit Guide
As a busy public safety fire department pilot, I never had enough storage or organization in my busy 182 cockpits. So I went looking for a solution. At the bottom of this description, you can see the Cockpit Organizer in my busy fire department Cessna 182, Fire Demon 1.
What I found was a previously designed organizer from the paper chart days that seemed dated but could work for me. But the story of the original Cessna Cockpit Companion had a tragic ending. Click here to read what happened. It was no longer available.
So with the blessing of Jack Wright, the original designer of the organizer, I had a new unit redesigned, engineered, and updated to handle modern cockpit electronics needs.
Gone were compartments for paper maps and approach plates and they were replaced with a focus more on cables, tablets, and cellphones. Oh yes, and a place to put my water bottle.
- Since it is not mounted permanently it can be easily moved between aircraft.
- Clear sides and partitions help you to not lose items in the Organizer.
- Built for the modern electronic pilot supplies.
- The bottom of the organizer is open to fit over a fire extinguisher mounted to the floor.
- Made of clear acrylic. You can find the list of material benefits at the bottom of this page.
The Cockpit Organizer provides easy access to:
This shows a modified Cessna Cockpit Organizer and how you can just lift it up to toss it out of the way in an emergency.
This shows the optional extra drink holder I attached to the back of the Cockpit Organizer to hold another drink bottle.
You can see the fire extinguisher fits underneath the Cockpit Organizer and the optional fold-up bottle holder is on the back.
The Cockpit Organizer is constructed out of clear acrylic. This gives you the following advantages:
- High level of impact resistance (17 times the impact resistance of glass).
- Very durable.
- Easy to maintain.
- Acrylic does not yellow over time.
- It is transparent, which allows a pilot to find items in the Cockpit Organizer quickly.
- The Cockpit Organizer could be polished at any time to maximize clarity.
- The ability to polish allows all sharp edges to be softened in manufacturing to take the sharpness off.
- Non-conductive material.
- Not hurt by UV light and will not yellow.
- The Cockpit Organizer can be cleaned with the same products you use to clean aircraft windows. You can also use mild soap and water. Do not use anything that contains ammonia.
- If you ever scratched the Cockpit Organizer, they can usually be buffed out using a product like Novus #2 or #3.
- For the size and stability, it is lightweight.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- In the unlikely event that acrylic plastic does break, it is designed to fracture into dull-edged pieces instead of sharp, dangerous shards.
- Temperature resistant.
The Cockpit Organizer 182 model will fit 182 Skylane, 205 Skywagon, 206 Stationair, 210 Centurions, and others with this available space. 18″ long 12″ tall 4.25″ wide.
Cessna 182A to 182S
Cessna 182 Mid-Year
Cessna 182 Newer With Fixed-Gear and AC
Cessna 206 Older With Floor Vent (Requires Cutting)
Cessna 206 Mid-Year
Cessna 206 Early
Cessna 206 Rear Seat
Cessna 210 Cessna 210 with Emergency Gear Handle on Pedestal
Cessna 210 Rear Seat
Early Cessna 337
Q: What fire extinguisher do you have that the 182 Cockpit Organizer fits over?
A: I have the H3R Fire Extinguisher Model 352TS. The Organizer fits over the extinguisher head if you rotate it 45-degrees in the floor bracket.
Purchase With Confidence
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments