An intriguing look inside the day-to-day internal communications to pilots regarding technical and fellow captain information. Contains many Eastern pilot names, policies, procedures, and other updates.
Some specific information that is included that I found fascinating.
- Engine Starting Signals
- Bomb Scare Hoax
- Lockheed L-188 Electra Procedures and Instructions
- Bird Ingestion Reports
- Avoidance of Chaff
- Lightening Strikes
- Electra Fog Sensor Deactivation
- No FM Radios Allowed on Airplane (The early cellphone problem?)
- Fuel Dumping
- Drinking in Flight
- Washington National Area Noise Complaints
- Southern Airways Strike
- Helpful Operating Practices
- Electra Nose Wheel Ramp Electricity Procedures
- Stop Defeating the Smoke Dectors With Band-Aids
- Propeller Damage
- Acceptance of Paraplegics
- “Some gate positions at Charlotte are such that, on occasion, passengers standing on the concorse have had their clothing sprayed with oil when the left engines on our airplanes are started.”
- Ground Accidents
- Half Stops
- Never Taxi Between Arcade at Newark
- Expense Advance
- Around the Hangar
- Complete Uniforms
- Entrance to Miami Base
- Stop Swaping Manuals
- Burn-It Inc.
- High Engine Failure Rate of Curtiss-Wright Engines
See the purchase confirmation email for the password necessary to open this file once you download it.
These items are provided for historical and reference use only. RareAviation.com assumes no liability for any loss or damage resulting from or in any way connected to other use of this information. Not for commercial use or further dissemination.
Once downloaded, this manual may be printed.
Purchase With Confidence
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments